Losing a tooth can substantially disturb your quality of life, creating some difficulty in daily activities such as eating and talking. While modern dental restorative procedures have led to a significant reduction in the number of teeth extracted each year, many people still have one or more missing natural teeth in their mouths. Approximately 70 per cent of American people aged 35-44 have lost at least one of their natural teeth according to an estimate. If you’re one of them and are looking for a permanent and lifelong option to replace a missing tooth, then dental implants should be your first choice!Learn more by visiting Implant Dentistry Near Me
What do you think is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a fixture embedded inside the jaw bone that replaces natural teeth by supporting a prothesis, such as a crown or removable or fixed dentures. After dental implants are placed, bone formation takes place in the implant ‘s surroundings, resulting in firm anchorage and artificial tooth stabilisation.
How Are Dental Implants Working?
The success of dental implants and their excellent durability depend on their ability to form direct contact with the surrounding jaw bone. This process is known as osseointegration and ensures that any prosthesis placed over the implant remains retained and stable, thus restoring the artificial tooth ‘s optimum functioning.
Who should be getting an implant?
Anyone who has one or more missing natural teeth is generally a candidate for an implant. You should consider obtaining an implant when:
- You want your missing natural teeth to be replaced long-term and enduringly.
- You want your facial aesthetics restored by replacing the missing teeth.
- You want to eat without any difficulty and to speak.
- You want to rid your uncomfortable and inconvenient dentures.
Why is it that implants are better than other dental prothets?
Dental implants are gaining widespread popularity as the most convenient and lasting option to replace missing teeth. Let ‘s look why you could prefer them to other tooth replacement options like dentures and bridges:
- Enjoy Beautiful Smile-The loss of a tooth can ruin your smile and the aesthetics of your face. You can place aesthetically pleasing dental prosthesis over the implants, restoring your beautiful smile and charming appearance.
- Durability-Dental implants are designed to last forever, in contrast to dentures and dental bridges. You can expect them to function for a lifetime if you take proper care of your oral health and follow your dentist ‘s instructions regarding the care of the implants.
- Minimum Tooth Preparation Requirement-Manufacture of teeth bridges, even replacing a single tooth requires reduction of the adjacent teeth. On the other hand, dental implant placement does not require any preparation or reduction of the adjacent teeth, thus preserving the natural structure of the tooth.
- Eat any food you like-People wearing removable or fixed dentures need to avoid eating hard, sticky foods. That means they have many of their favourite foods to miss out on. You can enjoy all of your favourite foods after replacing your teeth with dental implants without having the fear of breaking or dislodging your dentures.
- Improved oral hygiene-It can be difficult to maintain optimal hygiene around the dental bridges, as the brush bristles are unable to remove food particles from under them. This may require additional oral hygiene measures to achieve optimum dental health. Unlike dentures and bridges, you can clean your dental implants exactly the same way as you clean your natural teeth, allowing you to maintain excellent oral hygiene and physical health.