It’s quick to create a website, and get it online. This is the most complicated aspect to carry tourists to. When it comes to setting up the flow, most people are not cautious enough. After going live with their website they expect thousands of visitors a week. Yet it doesn’t work like that. We share other secrets on how to make your site more effective.
- A) Include content: Love content for search engines; As you can have more content, so you’re better off. Don’t single-page all the stuff. Create content on several websites. The explanation for this is that Google and other search engines spid out each page separately. Each page of yours in their index is an additional chance that someone else’s search results will include your connection. For search engines, quality content is more important because they want to give visitors real facts. Search engines don’t want to connect to farms that attach or redirect. If they can specifically refer a customer to the most relevant content the better for the search engine. Live Search Engines produce decent performance. I strongly suggest you to visit cupertinotimes.com
- B) Domain Name: Do not use a domain name, such as example.com/~yourname-search engines do not like that. It also prevents you from building a brand name (building a brand should be your ultimate aim). Spend the $9.00 for your own domain name per year. It’s money well worth investing.
- C) The architecture of your website: The simpler the better. Here’s a thumb rule: Text quality will outweigh the quality of html. The pages should be checked by W3 and should function in Internet Explorer as well as Firefox by Mozilla. You might not be able to read your pages if you get too fancy with stuff those search engine spiders do. Look at Google itself, eBay or Yahoo-basic interface, easy to use, and people flock to it. The directory names (i.e. “steel-products” or “paper-clips”) should be concise when using subdirectories. The same is true of pages for you. If you can assign a concise name to the pages the better you will be off in the long run.
Output on the Website is critical. If you load your pages too slowly you will be disciplined. Make sure that the website is on a fast web server, and that the size of the page is 20 K or less. When you can keep page sizes up to or below 15 K you are ahead of the curve.
- D) Create one page of content per day, or at least 3-4 a week. You may not think you’ve got too many things. But develop yourself as a source of knowledge related to the product or to the industry. When consumers are able to benefit from the content you offer, they value you and your company, which will also lead them to use your services and goods. Pages containing 300-600 words should be more than enough.
- E) Keywords: make sure that you use appropriate keywords in the title of each subject and in the text without looking like a SPAMMER (meaning: do not use keywords to go overboard). Find out what keywords are important to your company.